Home School Community Liaison Teacher
Hi, my name is Sinead Tully and I am the Home School Community Liaison Teacher in St Ronan’s N.S. My job is to strengthen the links that exist between home and the school and to support parents as their child progresses through the school.
My role in the school involves:
- Visiting parents/guardians in their homes, school & community.
- Offering help or guidance to parents in relation to their child’s education e.g. behavioural difficulties, learning difficulties etc.
- Helping families who are going through a difficult time at home e.g. bereavement, homelessness, and violence.
- Organising courses, talks or meetings for parents/guardians in the school.
- Helping parents to get back into education.
- Encouraging closer ties between parents and teachers.
- Using our Parents’ Room for our Tea & Coffee mornings.
- Encouraging parents/guardians to participate in classroom projects with teachers such as Maths & Science for Fun, Shared Reading, Literacy and Numeracy Programs.
I am available in the school every day. My office is in the prefab nearest to the carpark beside the kitchen. Please feel free to call in for a chat. I can be contacted by call or text on the HSCL number 086- 0420896.